So far I have read how Christian :
- has a controlling nature
- is manipulative
- has mood swings, can be playful one minute but turns nasty the minute that Ana does or says something that he does not agree with
- Wants Ana to be "his", he wants to own her like a piece of property
- Thinks she should be punished if she doesn't do exactly as he says
- See's her close friends eg: Kate as threats, mainly because he knows Kate can see straight through him
- Is jealous of the men in her life
- Stalks her to find out where she is
- Turns up unexpectedly at her house
- Wants to tell her what to wear
All of these characteristics can be found in any article writing about the signs to look out for in domestic abusive men and relationships. Unfortunately the amount of women who are swooning over this person have all been swept up in the "charm" that he also demonstrates, which is the same charm that most of the women who found themselves in domestic relationships fell for.
I am going to continue to read the books because I am interested to see how it turns out , but so far all the signs are there. Women may thinkong they want their own Christian Grey in real life ....but believe me there are no happy endings with this type of controlling man, however exciting they seem initially.