Domestic Abuse Warning Signs
Christian shows his jealousy right from the very beginning when there is tension with Paul in the hardware store. More apparently with his jealousy of her friend Jose. Ana could have handled Jose's approaches on her own but Christian turns up out the blue and steps in, making the whole situation blow completely out of proportion. Ana herself is aware of the jealous nature as she teases Christian with an image of a hunky masseur, which she knows will wind him up. Also on the plane journey she wonders why she is the only person both times with an empty seat next to her. Could Christian have bought the seat so that no one sat next to her? The answer to this is almost certainly yes, he had the money and being a jealous type he wouldn't have wanted to risk having a man sit next to her incase they started up a conversation.
Constantly checking up on partner - stalking
- feeling confused about the relationship and his behaviour
- constantly trying to work Christian out
- uncontrollably crying, feeling emotional all the time
- not telling her friends everything for fear of them telling her she is being stupid etc.
- walking on eggshells with Christian as she does not know how he will react to things eg: being scared to tell him abut Jose's show
- feeling inadequate, feeling that she will not be able to please him in the way he wants and ignoring her own feelings and needs
- feeling insecure - she is even starting to get jealous of previous relationships
- becoming withdrawn and a shadow of her former self, which is why her friends and family are starting to ask what is wrong.